Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Halloween and Thanksgiving

My little sister Laura went to the Pumpkin Festival in 2010 and got a Home Depot apron at one of the booths. Trevin coveted that that apron for an entire year. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. So when the Pumpkin Festival came around again we knew we had to go. Laura spent the night over at our house so we all went together. It turns out that the festival was kind of a bust. They only had one pumpkin left when we got there, it was like a million degrees that day, and all of the lines were so long that we just ended up going to the Home Depot booth and then got the heck out of there. But it was so worth it just to get the aprons. Libby even got one. They were pretty excited about them even though Libby doesn't look like it in the picture.
 For family home evening the Monday before Halloween we all got together to carve pumpkins at our house.
 Heath's scary pumpkin. He goes for this style every year. I'm surprised that it doesn't have stitches and guts hanging out of its mouth. It just has the knife stuck in its head.
 My Mom's and Laura's cat pumpkin.
 Mine and Trevin's green pumpkin. I saw a bunch of green pumpkins on a trailer by one of our neighbor's house and wanted one bad! A few days later they were selling them for like 50 cents! I was way happy.

 Trevin wanted to be a "Red Ninja" for Halloween this year. I tried to talk him into being something that we already had a costume for. I refuse to buy Halloween costumes before November because you can get them  for like 3 dollars then  instead of 30. So I just decided to make a red ninja costume. I found some red velvet and black cotton in the remnants bin at Wal-Mart for like 4 dollars. Then I just got one of Trevin's long sleeved shirts and used it as a pattern. I made the arms really tight but other than that it turned out just how I wanted.
Libby didn't get any say in her costume. Trevin's old Dragon costume fit her perfect and I love it so she had to wear it.
 I tried to tell Trev that Ninjas just use their hands a feet as weapons but he wasn't buying it, so he had to take his gladiator sword from last years costume trick-or-treating with us.
 On the way into my mom's house after trick-or-treating I dropped my camera and it has never functioned right since. These are the last pictures taken with a fully functioning camera. Sad face.
 For Thanksgiving it was our year to go with Dustin's family. His parents were eating at his Uncle Chad and Aunt Sherene's house. So all of Dustin's siblings, their wives and kids headed over as well as Grandad and Grandma Gaye and Dustin's aunt Kellie's family too. It was a huge group! Meagan and Shelynne came over to our house that morning and we made pies together to take over for dessert. It was super fun! I love having my sister-in-laws over. We always have a good time. And dinner at Chad and Sherene's was really yummy and fun too!
A few hours after dinner we headed to the old seventh ward building for a traditional Thanksgiving basketball game. The rest of the family that didn't eat at Chad and Sheren's came as well. I only stayed for a minute before Libby and I headed up to my parents house to have another dinner with my family. Dustin and Trevin stayed and played a little longer then came up too.
The weekend after Thanksgiving Dustin played in the annual Alumni Basketball Tournament at Cedar High. His favorite coach from high school is the head coach now and host the tournament every year. This year Dustin's team won the whole thing! He even made the game winning shot in their first game. His friends from high school never get together so it is really nice to see a lot of them every year at the tournament.

No comments: