Trevin's real birthday is in December but we all got sick around his birthday so we couldn't have a friend party until after Christmas. (We had a family birthday party on his birthday but I can't seem to find any pictures from that. I guess we didnt' take any. Like I said we were sick, I must have just forgotten to get the camera out.) We had an Army themed party for all of the boys in our neighborhood (plus Sierra and Laura) on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We sent out draft notices that told everyone to show up at our house in camo ready for basic training and war!
I couldn't believe how dressed up everyone came! They really went all out. Some even came with their faces painted. We painted the rest of the kids' faces when they got there. Once everyone arrived and got their face painted we marched down stairs for a sweet obstacle course. It was too dark in the basement to get any good pictures.Sad, I know, because this thing was awesome! The soldiers started by running through tires, then climbed through a bunch of yarn I had tied through the framing, then they had to pop a balloon, climb under the air hockey table and then stand up on a bucket. They were getting pretty competitive about it and everyone wanted to go again to beat their time.
After the obstacle course we came up stairs for target practice. I made a target out of butcher paper and taped it to the outside of the big window in our front room. Then when they shot at the window with the Nerf bullets they stuck to window and we could add up their points.
After target practice we had a tug of war in the basement and then we ate lunch in the Mess Hall and opened presents. After that everyone wanted to have a full out Nerf war in the basement. Two minutes into the battle everyone was crying! We eliminated the bullets and that solved the crying problem and everyone had fun until their parent's came to get them.
It was totally crazy in our house for an hour and a half but it was so fun!
1 comment:
Looks like a really fun party!
Post a Comment