Are you seeing a pattern here? I am always playing catch up now. It is so hard to keep up a blog when you don't have the Internet at your house. Every time I am somewhere with the Internet I spend forever reading everyone else's blogs and then I am burned out and don't want to write anything on mine. Or I try to post stuff on mine but Libby doesn't want to sit in front of the computer, or I forgot my flash, or I haven't put my pictures on my flash. Man! there are just so many excuses for being a bad blogger! Anyway here are some pictures of what we did last month.
We took Kenny and Emily (Dustin's little brother and mom) to St. George to go school shopping and we got some hats for me, Trevin and Libby to wear at Lake Powell. So of course we had to take tons of pictures in them. Actually it was Trevin's idea he started it all off with taking Libby's picture in his hat.
We went to Lake Powell with Dustin's family and my family came too! The first day the generator on the house boat broke down so we had to spend the night in the slip. The next day we got a temporary generator and went up the lake but wouldn't you now it was rainy and cloudy all day! Usually at Lake Powell you have a crazy beast of a storm that does a ton of damage but only lasts for like ten minutes. Well not this storm, it was weak-sauce (a word that I am pretty sure my brother Heath made up and I love to use). It did nothing, but lasted all day! Libby hated the houseboat so I spent almost the whole day walking the beach and pouting in the rain (good thing I brought a sweater and Libby doesn't mind having a blanket over her head) and Jessie spent most of the day digging holes, yeah we were bored.
But the next day was really nice and I actually got some skiing in. If you like to ski but are a huge baby like me and get really scared to cross the wake you should try it behind the wave runner. The wake is tiny! But make sure you have two people on the wave runner or you will get pulled over (like Dustin did when he took my mom skiing. Apparently Trevin wasn't old enough to be the "observer"). So even though the first day was crappy we ended up having a lot of fun!
Earlier in the month we brought the back hoe over and did a little yard work (after I spent an entire day shoveling out the weeds and getting a super bad sunburn on my neck). Trevin's two loves: wearing his bike helmet and riding in the backhoe. We weren't messing around. This was some serious dirt work and Trevin was eating a lot of it, can you tell?
.
.
We also went to Dustin's cousin's wedding at this supper cool cabin. I wanted to live there. It was way awesome it had secret trails and water falls and bridges everywhere! It was so pretty and fun.
It was also our fifth anniversary on the 20th, but we are really boring people and didn't really do anything. What at waste of a milestone! Oh well maybe we will be more fun next year.
And maybe this month I will post as things happen instead of just recapping later on. But probably not since I am taking Math 1050 online this semester and have to teach it all to myself! Math is my life now. Wish me luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment