Saturday, September 4, 2010

We Take This Holiday Literaly

Or did we do the opposite? Are you suposed to take the day off? Anyway this weekend was Labor Day Weekend so what did we do? Labor/Work really hard on our house. First Trevin got all ready to work. Then we started off by putting Trevin's old high chair back together for Libby. I thought this would help the non-eating situation but it doesn't. She won't eat in this either but she does like to play in it so at least I can get a few things done in the kitchen.
Next we decided to tackle the laundry room. We were in desperate need of some storage solutions. I could not stand all of the bags on the counter and the huge mess that was the tiny closet.
Before...

Trevin took some during shots for us...

And after. Soooo much better!
Sorry no before shots of behind the door but I'm pretty sure you can imagine what an empty wall looked like. I think I will also get some vinyl lettering of our names to put over the hook that is ours.
Then we totally cleaned out the garage and took back all of the tools we still had in the garage from building our house (I think it was about time). And then I did this project I have been thinking of doing for a long time.
We bought these cartons of frozen strawberries from a really awesome lady in our ward. Once we ate the strawberries out of the containers they made great Lego and Matchbox Cars holders. But they weren't very cute so I covered them with some baseball fabric. I also made a pillow case for Trevin's bed with the same fabric. Trevin's room is slowly coming together. I have a lot of ideas but I rarely act on them. You can kind of see in the picture that on top of the bookcase we have two pictures of Dustin when he was playing little league and Dustin's first home run ball (and a bust of George Washington bank that my brought back from the Glen Beck 8/28 rally in Washington D.C.. Eventually that bank will look so dang cute in my Founding Fathers themed Library/Hometeacher Room. Anyway back to Trevin's room...) . I love it! It is so cute. We also have this really cute garbage can that has a baseball scene on it that was my dad's when he was little. I love these little touches that make things meaningful.

1 comment:

April Miner said...

really cute stuff Hillary! I love doing stuff like this. Good for you, and yes, it is VERY cute :)
I too love sentimental touches.