Friday, August 20, 2010

This little girl!

This little girl sure has a mind of her own! She is six months old now and still refuses to eat solid foods. We have tried to feed her everything. We started with rice cereal and she made the above face at every spoonful. So next we tried baby oatmeal with apple sauce. She liked that for about two minutes and then closed her mouth as tight as she could and moved her head from side to side to avoid the spoon. I was really worried about her lack of eating so at her well check I asked to doctor what to do. He said she just must be a smart baby because, really, who would want to eat that baby food crap, it tastes horrible! The doctor said we were safe feeding her most table food. We have been trying that but she won't eat anything on a spoon. We have to chew up everything first and then put it in her mouth on our finger! Gross! But hopefully this will get her to start liking food. What she really wants to do is feed herself but she really isn't coordinated enough to pick up little pieces and bigger pieces she just chokes on.

She also refuses to do anything herself if we are in the room to do it for her. I thought that she still didn't know how to roll over until one night she had fallen asleep while I was holding her. When I laid her down on the bed she ended up on her stomach. I figured she could sleep on her stomach for a little while and she would be fine. But when I came in to check on her she had rolled on to her stomach. She's done something like that multiple times but if we are the room watching she refuses to roll over. What a stinker! (My grandma Murry says that she thinks Libby is going to think her name is Stinker becuase I call her that so much!).

She insists on being held all of the time. During the day I leave her in the swing or bouncer or on a blanket for a half hour while I get things done and she screams the whole time. Then I hold her and play with her for like fifteen minutes and then start again. It makes it really hard to get anything done. She hates the pack but likes to sit on my hip while I walk around. It is amazing what I have learned to do with one arm. I am taking a ballet class this semester and my teacher kept correcting my posture because I lean to one side now from holding her on my hip so much. Speaking of my ballet class, while I am at school my mother in law and my mom take turns babysitting and Libby usually cries the whole time. She is a little bit of a mamma's girl!

It is crazy that she has so much personality already. Watch out boys, this girl is high maintenance!

No comments: