MY very first niece was born! Avree is just my favorite baby. She is so adorable and such a good baby. The first time I saw her I had intense De-ja-vue. I felt like I knew her. I'm not sure if it is because she looks exactly like my brother Heath (especially in his baby pictures) or if I knew her before this life, but every time I'm with her I feel like we have a special connection. Maybe this is just how an aunt feels about all of her nieces and nephews, since she is my first I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
This little girl is super loved. Amberlee and Heath are the cutests parents and I have never seen a baby dressed as cute as Avree!
Also in Februray we got a ton of snow. We pretty much didn't get any snow before or after this storm so I was okay with it, even though normally I hate snow. We got a lot all at once! Trevin braved the elements and built this snow man. He named it Peyton Manning.
Warning: the following picture is so gross! My poor Trevy has some serious dental problems. One of the down falls of being our first child is we didn't really think about brushing his teeth regularly until is was a little too late. Add that to having weak teeth, teeth that are too big to fit in his tiny mouth, taking a lot of bonks to the mouth and we have a big problem. The poor kid has had more teeth pulled than I can even remember. After his last extraction he was SO hungry. Oatmeal seemed the best option to fill him up and be easy to eat. He had no feeling in his chin and so most of the oatmeal ended up there. Poor Trev.
Libby turned five! The primary in the Beacon Hill ward is the greatest. Libby is quiet a character but the leaders and teachers just go with it and they have so much fun together. She picked out the birthday cake hat to wear while the junior primary sang to her and her class mate Lincoln.
Traditional birthday pancakes.
I like to throw pretty low key birthday parties. Family, treats and few gifts are all we need to make a birthday great! I've actually only thrown one friend birthday party in all of the eight years I've been a mom. The kids don't seem to mind and I couldn't be happier to just keep it small.
Libby has the best reactions to every gift!
Libby pretty much lives in her Elsa dresses. She love, love, loves Elsa. Interestingly enough, she has only seen the movie a couple of times. We own it but she would much rather make up her own story lines and act them out, with all of the family as background characters. She knows all of the words to all of the songs from Frozen. She sings them at every family talent show and works them into all of her daily storyline performances.
At South Elementary in second grade the students preform a grandparents program. I remember when I did it! This year it was Trevin's turn. They sang the same songs to the same cassette tape that I sang too (which had been recorded over from records). If something isn't broken don't fix it, must be the motto of the second grade grandparents program. The program is adorable so I agree with the motto. Trevin did a great job and drew the most adorable pictures and wrote great little stories about his grandparents.
Libby obviously doesn't know (or care to follow) the no pictures in sacrament meeting rule. When my dad was sustained as the first counselor in the bishopric of the Sixteenth Ward (he had previously been the second counselor) Libby was so proud she had to snap a photo while Grandpa bore his testimony.



.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment