Mckay discovered the camera on my phone and constantly wanted to take selfies. He even says "cheese".
Dustin used his amazing carpentry skills and built these book cases from the bi-fold doors and shelves leftover from demolishing the pantry upstairs. These shelves are now filled with treasured Lego creations.
We went bowling for our cousin Marley's birthday. It was so fun, but we lost.
Libby started taking violin lessons and going to Suzuki Group class. She likes the socializing aspect of the class more than the actual violin playing but she is very fond of the "Mississippi Hot Dog" rhythm. We are working on playing real songs but it's a slow process.
For about a week Mckay decided to eat real food, and a lot of it. But after that week he decided he was full and didn't need to eat again until next year. So it's back to a strict milk and cheese only diet for him.
Trevin on the other hand is willing to eat anything at any time, even half way through a nap.
Dustin's cousin Jared was married in the St. George Temple. We couldn't work out babysitting so I stayed in the waiting room with the kids and Dustin attended the ceremony. But we were all there to see the Bride and Groom come out of the temple. It was such a beautiful day!
The reception was a country and BBQ themed lunch. The food was delicious, the décor was adorable and the kids couldn't resist taking a turn in "Jail".
Libby really wanted to catch the bouquet, but she was a little short to compete against the adult women.
Libby was disappointed that she didn't catch the bouquet but not for long because the genius wedding planner walked around with a bucket of flowers and made little bouquets for all of the disappointed girls. Genius, I tell you, genius.
Libby and Mckay spend SO much time in the tub. Libby comes up with elaborate mermaid stories for them to act out. Goggles are a must to be a proper mermaid. Libby can hold her breath for ever! Mckay on the other hand has a panic attack if he has to lay down in the water.
For our ward temple night, we were supposed to bring a family name. I didn't know how to find one so Dustin and I took a family history class and learned all about Family Search. The morning of our temple night I got on Family Search to use my new found knowledge and got sucked in. I spent hours and hours looking at all of the pictures and stories of my ancestors. I never did find a name to take to the temple but I did find out that Pocahontas is my 9 times great grandma!
While I volunteered as a reading mom in Trevin's second grade class Libby and Mckay hung out at the shop with Grandma. The routine was to get a bag of popcorn and a drink then climb up the filing cabinet and watch all of the guys and dogs in the back. It's much quitter and cleaner to watch from the window in the office but it does require that Grandma stand there the whole time to make sure no one falls off.
We went to quiet a few Cedar High basketball games. We saw Trevin's friend Daxton there once and these two were so cute watching the game together. They had some serious conversations about current events and defensive strategies. I loved every minute of sitting by them and eves dropping.


















No comments:
Post a Comment