My Baptism by Trevin Dustin Carter - Dec. 6, 2014
Yesterday I turned eight. Today I was baptized. First thing, Dad and I went to the locker room and changed. We wore white jump suits. We had our picture taken in the hall and then went into the chapel. Me and Kyra Oldroyd both got baptized today. Kyra is in my class at school and her dad is the principal. Grandma Emi played the piano for us to sing the opening song, “I Am a Child of God” and then one of Kyra’s family members gave the opening prayer. Next one of Kyra’s family members gave a talk on Baptism. Then Grandma and Laura did a musical number, “When I am Baptized.” Then Grandma gave a talk about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. Grandma gave me and Kyra a huge Kit-Kat. She said always pretend you have a missionary name tag on. Then Kyra went and got baptized and we stayed and watched movies from the Friend. Then I went to get baptized. I wore a white jump suit and no shoes or socks. I was baptized by my dad. When I came back up I shook my hair a little bit to make everyone laugh. Both of my grandpas watched to make sure I was baptized right. We only had to do it once! I felt all clean. The water was super warm. I almost floated to the top, but I stayed all the way under. I was so happy and surprised it all happened so fast. Then me and dad went back to the locker room to dry off but me and dad forgot to bring towels! We had to use paper towels to get dry! It took us a long time to dry off. While we were changing Grandma Emi played beautiful piano music and everyone in the audience wrote a note to me. When I was done changing, Dad, both grandpas, Grandad, Jess, Uncle Chad, Ryan, Bryce, Johnathon, Brother Clements (my scout leader), and Brother Taylor (from the Bishopric) put their hands on my head to confirm me. My dad gave me a blessing. I sat on my hands and looked around because I didn’t know that a blessing is a prayer, opps! In the blessing my dad said, “receive the Holy Ghost”. The Holy Ghost is a person that directs you through good and bad. He helps you choose the good. Having the Holy Ghost makes me happy. After the blessing I shook everyone’s hand. Then we had dinner. The food was good.
Lots of people came to see my baptism. My friend Daxton Corry came, my primary leaders, and scout leaders too! Aunt Kelli, Ryan and Meagan and Jesse also came. Some people who came brought me a gift. Grandma and Grandpa gave me my own set of scriptures with my name on them. Aunt Susie gave me a real tie. Melissa gave me a tie-tack with a sword and CTR on it. The Stathis’ gave me a book of scriptures and pictures of me. Bryce and Shelynne gave me a soccer and CTR tie-tack. Chad and Sherene gave me scripture stickers. Grandma Murray couldn’t come but she gave me a blue CTR ring. Grandma Emi and Grandpa gave me a special present the next day. Heath and Amberlee really wanted to come but they needed to go to a wedding. They were sad they couldn’t come. I missed them.
I liked getting Baptized. I loved my baptism. Now I am the newest member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Now that I am baptized I am going to try to be more helpful and choose the right. I am going to follow the prophet and not Satan. I am going to read the scriptures and pray every night. I am going to start fasting too and pay my tithing. But if I mess up I can repent, and be clean again just like I am today.

No comments:
Post a Comment