Friday, December 12, 2014

A lot of things I forgot

So I lost the super nice camera Dustin gave me for Christmas last year. I know I'm sooo responsible. I only have my phone camera now. Well I the other day I really need to take a picture with a real camera so I borrowed my mom's. When I loaded the picture I had taken onto my computer I found all of these other great pictures I had forgotten about on my mom's memory card.
 
We helped my Dad and Heath install this HUGE tire out in front of the shop. It looks AMAZING!
 
Laura had a horrible accident. She and Trevin were playing kickball out in my parents backyard where there were a few pieces of rebar sticking out of the concrete. Laura slipped and her leg landed on the rebar. She was super brave and got to take a ride in the ambulance and spend the afternoon in the ER. Warning: the second picture is very graphic, but not as graphic as the open wound pictures I decided not to post.
 Ya she has a heck of a scar. It is huge. She had to do a little physical therapy to make sure it healed right. Luckily it is high up enough that shorts cover it. It only shows when she wears a swimming suit and it really hurts when it gets sun burnt.

I don't know what was going on here but Mckay just looked too dang cute in this hat.
And isn't this just such a cute picture of Libby?
 
 How could I have forgotten this? My parents hosted two students from China this summer. Their real names were very Chinese so they chose the "American" names Anthony and Ricardo. Ha Ha not super American but much easier to pronounce than their Chinese names.
 My parents did an awesome job giving them a real Western American experience. They took them bowling,
 they rode the 4-wheeler,
 played softball with all of the family,
 went to the park on the 24th of July,
 (Trevin went to the park too, he dunked 4 kids!)
 they shot guns,
went golfing,
 and played basketball at the church for Family Home Evening with the missionaries. Anthony and Ricardo both love basketball. When we where trying to figure out things to do with them we asked them what they thought of when they thought of America. They both said, "NBA". Too bad they were here in the summer!
They also went to St. George and did some shopping. All they wanted to get was a pair of Jordans. They also went to the temple visitor center. They had never heard anything about religion and found the temple to be very interesting. The sister missionaries even gave each of them a Book of Mormon in Mandarin.
 To cap it all off my mom threw a surprise birthday party for Anthony. She invited all of the students from China and all of their host families! It was huge and they stayed until late that night. It was so fun!
 
Also this summer my mom took Trevin and Laura on an amazing hike up the mountain.
 
 

My mom made the goal of going on a fifty mile backpacking trip for her 50th birthday. She told her sister, my aunt Susie about her goal and my aunt said that there was a man in her ward that led hikes all over the Uintahs every summer. She contacted him and he agreed to help them train and take them on a super long hike. But the craziest and saddest thing happened. Just a few weeks before they were supposed to go on their hike the man had a heart attack and died. It was so sad! My mom and aunt decided to still go for a hike like they had planned, they just scaled it back a little. My aunt's friend came along as well.

One day my mom decided to go through her storage room and reorganize all the pictures. I was looking through all of the pictures when I found my dad's baby book! My grandma June had done an amazing job keeping pictures and things and documenting my dad's childhood. The only bad thing was that the book was falling apart and it was way over loaded. So for my dad's birthday I very carefully ripped that book apart and scanned it all in to Mixbook and  mad a new book. It was so fun to see all of my dad's baby pictures. Especially all of the pictures of my dad with his dad (his dad died in 1970 and I had only see just a few pictures of him)!

My dad's first picture with my Grandma June
My dad with his dad after he lost his first tooth.
 Don't my boys look just like my dad, especially Trevin. It's the red hair.

 
Wow I can't believe I had forgotten about all of this stuff. Good thing my mom is much better at taking pictures of everything than I am.
 


No comments: