Monday, February 21, 2011

A Few New Years Things

Ya I know that this is way late, but I am going to post it anyway. The day before New Years Eve we were really bored. We seriously were just sitting around staring at the walls saying, "What do you want to do?" "I don't know what do you want to do?" "I don't know what do you to do?" and on and on.  Then out of nowhere Trevin came running in with his gladiator helmet on toting a HUGE nerf gun and yelled, "Who wants to fight me!" Normally we would just say, not right now we are too busy but lets face it we really, really weren't busy, so we just decided to go with it. Luckily I hadn't cleaned up the costume and fake weapon explosion that occurred in our bedroom earlier that day so we were able to quickly suit up and load our weapons of choice.


 What followed next was the nerf gun battle of the century. We turned off all the lights in our house and used our furniture as road blocks. Occasionally we would have to call time out so we could turn on the lights and reload our weapons. As soon as we would call time in Trevin would start things off by yelling, "Lets light this candle!" It was some serious fun. In the end I'm pretty sure I won, but I think that is just cause Dustin was afraid to shoot me because I was holding Libby. Oh well, I'll take a win anyway I can get it!
Since we had such a good time on New Years Eve Eve we figured that New Years Eve would be a blast at our house. We decided to lay out all of our blankets, pillows and sleeping bags in the front room and watch Inception. We started out looking like this.
 A half hour into the movie we looked like this.
I was trying so hard to pay attention that I didn't even notice Trevin was making a huge mess, and I had to nurse Libby all night to keep her quite which eventually made her fall asleep. And of course Dustin fell asleep too,before the movie even started. Wow, we are soooo exciting! Happy New Years!

No comments: