Monday, February 21, 2011

Double Weaning and the On Going Eating Saga

       
As I mentioned before in my Sweaty Head post, Libby was obsessed with nursing and refused to sleep in her own bed. This was a killer combo for me, crazy nursing hormones (every time I nursed her I had the overwhelming feeling that I was super full and I should never eat again. If I didn't love food so much I probably would have wasted away)  and getting very little sleep, made me a crazy person. I just couldn't handle it any more! So we went to see the doctor to get tips on how to successfully wean her from nursing and sleeping in our bed. To our surprise he said the best way to do it was to leave her with someone else for a day and then she would have to take a bottle and sleep by herself. My mom was so awesome and volunteered to keep her. So Dustin and I went to St. George for the day where I took a ballet class from my old teacher and then we went out to lunch and went shopping. We had a little mini vacation. When we got back she hadn't eaten anything for the whole day and my mom was trying to give her the first bottle and it really wasn't going well. So we just waited and waited for her to take it. Anyway to make a long story short she finally got hungry enough that she took the bottle that night. At around ten o'clock we just put her in her bed, turned on the lullaby music and gave her her teddy bear and left. She cried for five minutes then I went in and talked to her and few minutes later she was asleep! She woke up once and had a bottle but slept the rest of the night in her bed. She has done the same every night since. Dustin gives her a bottle at 2 am. and a bottle at 6 am. and she goes back in her bed every time until around 7:30. It is Heaven!
She is doing great with the bottle as well. But unfortunately we still won't eat any food. She loves to sit in her high chair but she won't let anyone feed her anything! She will only feed her self graham crackers, chips, marshmallows from lucky charms (she picks out the cereal) and chocolate. She is such a junk food junkie! Oh well we won't push the solid foods too hard, one step at a time right? I am just so glad that she will take a bottle and I am really glad to have my bed back!

1 comment:

the Chidesters said...

We have 2 junk-foodholics, both of our girls! Welcome to the club! But congrats on getting the little one out of your bed!