Since it is cold and wintry outside we haven't been able to pool hop like I would like to so I have had to obsess about something else. For Dustin's birthday we decided to get satellite at our house. Our whole married life we just watched whatever we could get with bunny ears, but the number of channels slow declined to just four so we broke down and got real TV. And now I am addicted! I love love love HGTV! It is my favorite channel ever. I watch it like all day. Now instead of constantly thinking about swimming I constantly think about decorating my house! Decorating can get a little expensive so I have only actual done a few things but I have TONS of plans!
After watching the Nate Berkus Show I decided to "shop my house" and found these flowers, rocks and little candle holders that I put together and sat in my Laundry Room window. It was my first attempt at DIY decorating and I loved it so much I just couldn't stop. Really though, these flowers make me happy every time I go in my Laundry Room.
My all time favorite shows are Sarah's House and Design Inc. (they both have the same designer in them, Sarah Richardson). She buys a ton of stuff at estate sales and at other random antique sales. So when my mom called me and said that she was at an estate sale and had found some really cute wing-back chairs, I was all over that. And I got them for just $75.00 for the pair. Merry Christmas to me! (Thats why they are in the basment, I have to save them for Christmas).
These are so perfect for my library! The piano takes up a ton of room but these chairs are so tiny they fit perfect! They definitely need to be reupholstered though. I might attempt to do that myself, we'll see.
I decided after watching the Food Network that I was skilled enough to cook my first turkey, so I did, and it worked out great.
Beginning, middle, and end.
The Wish Bone
And the biggest project of all is in our Front Room. I decided to paint a tree on the wall and then I will hang family pictures on it. It will be the family tree! I got the idea from the show Color Splash.
I am still working on it. The tree needs another coat of paint and I am still trying to decided if I like the leaves or not. (Trevin took the second picture).
I am having a ton of fun with all of my projects. I'm sure there will be a lot more to follow.










2 comments:
I love your new decorations and that turkey looks delicious... maybe you should cook the turkey for thanksgiving dinner next year :) haha.
Hi Hillary! THought I would look you up to see how your cute little family was. :) Libby is getting so big! And cute! I love that you are obsessed with HGTV! I am as well. I heart Color Splash and Design star the bestest. But I think I will have to check out some of your faves too. I have been putting my creative juices on hold, cuz I don't really want to REdecorate my whole house again... I want to do it in my NEW house! IF we ever build that is.... Well hope you are doing good! And yes, I still suck at blogging. :)
April
Post a Comment