Thursday, December 23, 2010

"It's Christmas Eve, Ya Nutcracker!"

Six years ago to the day Dustin and I went on our first date. We got ice cream at Grandees (which closed, sad face) and then went to the movie. On the way home after the movie Dustin asked me what I was doing the next day. The first thing that popped into my head was "It's Christmas Eve, ya nnutcracker!" a line from "Lambchop's Nutcracker" a tape my family always listens to around Christmas (remember Lamchop, Sheri Lewis's sheep puppet?). Anyway, I said I was doing nothing and we hung out almost every day of Christmas break, and the rest is history.
Every year since we have recreated our first date (except last year, I was way too pregnant and couldn't sit for that long). This year we saw "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
IT WAS AWESOME! I loved, loved, loved it! It is my favorite movie of all time. I have always loved the books and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" is my favorite of all the books.The movie was so much like the book. The movie was so pretty and amazing and funny and sweet and scary and sad and beautiful and surprising and the best ever! You should see it. Thanks for taking me Dustin, your the best.

1 comment:

the Chidesters said...

So cute, happy anniversary!