Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

I have noticed that my posting has become way too detailed and long, so I will try to keep this one short. .
Cedar has the best Christmas Parade I have ever seen. Dustin's aunt Stacia helps out with the parade and she talked him into driving the little mermaid float. Someday we will figure out how to get pictures off of Dustin's phone and we will post him in his sweet car/float/road hazard, he couldn't see a thing, watch out kids!
.
The Monday before Christmas the Carter side of the family had their annual party at the Wilson's house. We were able to see tons of Dustin's cousins and Trevin got to play with Ella, Megan's little girl who is about Trevin's age but lives in Kentucky. Those pictures are also on Dustin's phone, dang it.
.
On Christmas Eve we went to the Shipp's house. Stacia ordered prime rib and we had a bunch of other good food. After we ate the kids played a little Mario Kart, my favorite game, and then we had a piano recital with a little singing by Tanner and accordian playing by Grandma Zelda mixed in there.
.
.
Kenny and Curtis (Dustin's little brother and Dad) and I got into a pretty serious picture taking war during the piano recital. We were trying to catch each other while we weren't looking and get an embarrassing picture. I lost, they got some good ones of me, this was my best. They only reason it is even good is because it makes Dustin's Dad's right leg look extremely long and his left leg really short. Yeah, I know it is weak that's why Kenny won. But I say we get points for being able to take our own picture and be perfectly centered. . .
On Christmas we woke up at seven and opened our presents at our house. Trevin got a race car set and lot of potty training supplies, I got clothes and the purple finger nail polish I really wanted, and Dustin got tickets to a Jazz game. . .
Then we went to my parent's house to open more presents and then we went to Dustin's parent's house after that. We did a lot of back and forth and Trevin never had a nap all day so we turned in for the night around seven. I forgot to take any pictures at our parent's houses so I'll have to get some from them. Our families are so awesome we got so much great stuff and had such a great time with everyone. We are really lucky!
.
.
Here we are playing the new Wii at my parents house later Christmas morning with Heath and Jessie. My little brother and little sister aren't that much littler than me any more!

4 comments:

The said...

You guys have a grandma named Zelda that plays the accordian? That is great. Standing ovation from me for sure.

BRITTANY said...

We love Mario Cart too! Derek got it for Christmas on the Wii. So fun. And yes we did move...we are going to miss Cedar tons! And all of our friends down there. It's crazy how quick things can change.

The said...

So, I don't know if that last comment was serious or not... but for the record, the Redmen blog, like most of my writings, was complete sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously. I love cedar, my dad drives a big truck, and my brother has a goatee. I have no problem with these things. Furthermore, political correctness is ruining the world, and part of that blog was a satire of that point. But I decided to erase it to avoid further misunderstanding... All my love,

drew

Leslie said...

How cute is your new layout! I looooooove it! I especially love the photo at the top!