Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Last Hurrah

Over UEA (not that it mattered to any of us besides Kenny, because nobody got school of besides him) we went for one last trip to Las Vegas with Dustin's family before Jesse left on his mission. We did all of the regular stuff like ...
seeing the fountains at the Belagio,
 
and the Lions at the MGM on the first day. I swear we walked almost the entire strip and of all the outrageous things you see on the strip WE got the most stares! Apparently two red headed children being pushed down the strip in strollers is totally crazy because we got so many weird looks! Dustin thought we could make a lot of money if we just sat somewhere and charged people to look at us. We would charge double if they said, "Oh, cute!" But the children in strollers do help you avoid all of the "Porn Pushers" (the people that try to hand you porn as you walk down the strip), they don't even attempt to hand you anything if you are pushing a stroller! Unfortunately you can't avoid the porn because it literally covers the sidewalks. Seriously clean up your act Vegas! It is so disgusting!
So after all of the filth on Friday, the rest of the family, the Shipp's, and Tara's friends made a trip to the temple but I stayed at the hotel with the kids and Tara's friend Kori (sorry I don't know if that is how she spells her name.)

While Libby napped I sewed Trev's Halloween costume and Kori took Trevin swimming! We were just one floor up over looking the pool so I could watch them the whole time, and they were the only ones in the whole pool! The next day at church Trevin was excited to see Kori and said, "Hey Mom. Kori is my best friend. What? She is."
When everyone got back from the Temple we just hung out and played basketball and swam.

Hello our name is the Carters and we are swim-aholics. Both of my kids inherited my obsession with swimming. If you have ever read my blog before you know that I actually crave swimming. Not like for exercise or anything healthy, just for fun. I know I have a problem, but so do Trevin and Libby so I am in good company.

Trevin is a really good swimmer as long as he has his life jacket on, and Libby loves to sit in the "floaty guy." I have never seen her so relaxed! It was so nice to get to swim one last time this year. Hopefully it will hold me over until the Aquatic Center is finished (p.s. it looks awesome!).
On a totally unrelated note while we were in Vegas almost every add was a political one. Sharron Angels were totally awesome and Harry Reid's were shamefully full of obvious lies! I REALLY hope he loses! We will see tomorrow!

1 comment:

Curtis and Emily Jane Carter said...

Hi Darling Hillary,
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad that we could have a fun trip for Jesse to remember.
I Love You.
Thank you for taking the picture as we were getting ready to go to the Las Vegas Temple.
With "Sweet" Love Forever,
Emily OXO