Where should I begin? This may be the longest post ever! I had better go in order to keep everything straight...
THE LABOR STORY
I decided, after all of your comforting comments, to just chance it and be induced. We got to the hospital at one o'clock in the morning on February 10th and by 1:30 a.m. they had me all hooked up and started contracting. I was only dilated to a one so they thought it was going to take a while. The nurse left and said that she would check back in four hours. At 4:30 a.m. she came back and I was a three. She said that I was borderline, they could start giving me pitosin which would really speed things up or just let me keep contracting on my own. I wasn't really in too much pain so I said that I would be fine if they just watched me for another hour. At about 5:00 I was in some serious pain! So at 5:30 when the nurse came back in Dustin asked her to give me some pain medication through the I.V., then I felt much better. At 6:00 a.m. I got an epidural. The anesthesiologist was amazing. He did the epidural in like five minutes and it didn't hurt at all. He gave me a low dose so I could still move my legs and had just enough feeling that I knew when to push. Then they gave me some pitosin and Doctor Gatherum came in and said he was going to break my water but he decided that he would go do his scheduled C-section at 7:00 a.m. and then come and break my water. At 7:45 he was back and he tried to break my water but I really didn't have any and she was coming right then. So he told me to start pushing and just 11 pushes later she was born at 8:01 a.m.. It was so much better than with Trevin. I had to push for two hours with him and then the doctor just ended up pulling him out with the forceps. I felt great right after. I think that I was annoying the nurses because I kept going on and on about how great I felt. I kept asking if I could start walking and I was laughing because I couldn't believe how good I felt. I still feel really good but I am a little more tired now.
LITTLE LIBBY
Libby is unbelievably small. She only weighed 5 pounds and 8 ounces at birth. Just four weeks before she was born I had an ultrasound and they figured that she weighed 6 pounds and 1 ounce and was 18 inches long. The doctor thinks that maybe the placenta stopped working for the last few weeks and she wasn't getting any food, plus not having very much water couldn't have been good either. She weighed 5 lbs 3 oz. when we left the hospital but now she weighs 6 lbs. 3 oz. She has a huge appetite. She eats all the time! The poor thing was starving. She has really long arms, fingers, and feet. She was a little bruised up from birth that is why she looks a little scary in the top picture. She doesn't have a ton of hair but it is just as red as Trevin's.
.
She is such a good baby. Pretty much all she does is eat and sleep. She only eats twice at night and then sleeps through the rest of the night. She is so content. She sleeps in the Nap Nanny that Dustin's and my parents got for us but she gets lost in it because she is so small.
.
.
When she is awake she will just sit and stare at you and she doesn't even need the Binky to calm down. She loves to be wrapped up really tight and she loves to cuddle. She looks like a little burrito all wrapped up.
"I AM A BROADER"
About a week before Libby was born Trevin and I were giving the house a deep clean. By that I mean I was giving the house a deep clean and Trevin was following me around asking me to do things for him. All day I had to say sorry Trev I can't do that right now I am busy right now. Pretty soon he got sick of me not doing what he wanted so he decided to join me in the cleaning. I told him that he could take the Windex and clean his four-wheeler. When I went to check on him he was cleaning the window in his room and talking to himself. He was saying, "Sorry, Wibby. I can't get you a toy I am SOOO busy pleaning my window!"
.
When we started getting all of the baby stuff out Trevin fell in love with this swing. Libby has only gotten to use it once and that was when Dustin had taken Trev somewhere. He never lets her get near it. He isn't rude about it. He just lets me know that it is his and then gives me another option for where Libby can go. We made him mad one day by asking him to clean up something and we found him a few minutes later just taking a breather with his "Lego Madzine."
.
.
Trev loves to hold Libby and give her kisses. He is such a good brother. He doesn't really get jealous and he knows when to leave her alone. He is very protective and likes to give her advice, like to hold still while she is getting check ups at the doctors. The cutest is when he just randomly states, "I am a broader."
.
Trev has gotten a little stir crazy being home so much, so when Jessie offered to come over for a little while we took her up on it. I think she thought she was going to get to hold Libby the whole time but little did she know that Trevin had planned a whole days worth of things to do with her.
.
This is to my bath tub. I wrote here almost a month ago about how I am addicted to swimming. Well really long hot baths in my new bath tub come really really really close to satisfying my swimming cravings. I don't know what I am going now that I can only take showers for the next six weeks! At least Trevin is able to enjoy the tub while I can't. I normally don't let him have baths in here because this tub is seriously deep and I am afraid he will drown, but he needed something to calm him down after a very traumatic hair cut.
.
.
AND FINALLY...
..
We got furniture in our front room. And then a week after it came the TV broke. It wouldn't even turn on. So we had to wait for two more weeks for them to bring us a new one. We got a really good deal on the whole set or else we probably wouldn't have even bought a TV, but the deal was too good to pass up. We love the set and we now can have people over to our house and they don't have to sit on the floor.
..
8 comments:
congrats! did you get the present- I sent it to your moms since I don't have your address. Libby is so cute and so tiny.
congrats! Libby is darling and Trevin looks so happy with her, glad everything is going good and I love the house!! we need to come out to your house for an YW's activity. ;)
congrats! Libby is darling and Trevin looks so happy with her, glad everything is going good and I love the house!! we need to come out to your house for an YW's activity. ;)
CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! Thanks for the labor story too.. Gets me excited/nervous about actually having a baby again! Libby is so precious. I'm glad you got to come over the other day to show her off. I told Misty you had your baby, so she might be calling you. :) Again, cute, cute, cute!!
Congrats! She is way cute and looks so tiny! Hope everything is going well!
Yay for baby Libby!!! :) She's so cute and you look GREAT! Cute house too. XOXO!
Yaaay...she's here!! Congratulations! She's beautiful!
Ah! So sweet! She's TINY! It's so cute that Trevin loves her! It makes it so much easier. Mason LOVES his baby sister too. We had Kennedy on the 19th (i need to post, i know). She is HUGE though! She was 9 lbs 11 oz and 22 inches!!! Too bad we don't live in Cedar! Our kiddos could be such good friends since they are so close to the same age! I love your house and I love your cute little baby! She's precious! Congrats you two!
Post a Comment