Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jessie!

Today is my little sister Jessie's 14th birthday! Here is just a little family history about Jessie. Jessie was born while we were living in my Grandma June's house (where Dustin and I live know) while our family was building their new house. My Grandma was living in Beaver to take care of her Dad. I think Jessie was born at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night. Our cousin Sarah was going to college here and she came and stayed with us on Sunday night. I remember that she was going to let me and Heath stay up until my Dad called to tell us that Jessie was born. We thought that 10:30 was so late. The first thing that I asked my dad when he called was "what did you name her," but they hadn't decided yet. I was really excited to go and she her at the hospital the next day. Our Dad took us out to see her the next day during lunch. When we went back to school (very late because we spent a lot of time at the hospital then we went to the station so my Dad could get some work done really "quick") I told everyone that my little sister was the cutest baby on earth!

Jessie has always had a spunky personality. When she was just a few months old we went to check on her during her nap and she was sitting up in the bassinet trying to climb out. Our new house still wasn't done so we had to move Jessie into the crib at my Grandma's house. Because we had to keep so much of our stuff and our Grandma June's stuff in the house there wasn't enough room for Jessie's crib so we had to put it in the front room. Grandma June used to say that Jessie sure had a mind of her own. She could never believe how determined Jessie was to get her own way.

Heath and I used to say the Jessie was the favorite. But I actually think that Jessie just demanded that she be treated like the favorite. Heath and I were more passive children but Jessie learned quickly how to hold her own. Luckily Jessie is a good kid because she pretty much always gets what she wants. She's very persuasive that way. She wanted to play the violin when she was just three. So our Mom got her a little one and set her up with a teacher. Come to find out she is an amazing violinist. She used to carry that little violin around with her everywhere. She loved to give little impromptu concerts. Heath and I thought that they were so hilarious at first and would video tape them all. Her concerts consisted of Jessie bowing, introducing herself and the songs she would play, playing two notes from the song, saying oops I messed up, getting embarrassed and then doing the whole thing over again. After about the millionth concert they weren't very cute anymore, so Heath and I started to hatch plans to break or hide the violin. It's a good thing that we didn't because Jessie is a great performer now. She even has her own Quartet. They play at parties and wedding receptions and stuff like that and they even get paid! Jessie is also a professional pianist. She (or my Mom we're not sure) is so serious about the piano that she goes to St. George every Friday to take lessons with a professional piano teacher. That's right his entire job is just teaching piano lessons at his house.

Jessie has the best sense of humor. I think it was her third grade teacher Mrs. Almond that called her "Ham-Bone" because she was such a ham in class. Jessie is always making jokes. Her favorite thing to do is trick people. She used to pretend that she was our little sister Laura on the phone and she actually got me a few times. Now when we call she tries to make us think that we have called the wrong number. Last summer at Lake Powell with Dustin's family we were all just sitting on the boat while someone was putting on the wake board. There was some silly rap music on in the boat and Jessie was holding the flag. Well she decided to entertain everyone with a quick little flag dance in the bow of the boat. We were all laughing at her dance when another boat started heading our way. We asked them if we could do anything for them and they said that they thought we needed something because Jessie had been flagging them down. It was very very funny. Jessie is always doing funny things with Laura and Trevin. She likes to dress them up and make them act funny then take pictures of them so she can black mail them later (just kidding about the black mail part but that is a possibility).

Jessie is a really good aunt and big sister. She spends so much time babysitting. Trevin loves to have her babysit. He doesn't even cry when we leave him with her. She always plays really cute with Trevin. When we go in the direction of my family's house Trevin starts yelling, "Wa-Wa (Larua), Det-de (Jessie)." He loves to play with those girls.
There are so many things I could say about Jessie. She is pretty much perfect. Ask anyone that knows her and I'm sure that they will only have good things to say about her. She is a great friend and is always a blast to be around.
Happy Birthday Jessie!
I hope this post was all that you dreamed of and more. Sorry these were the only pictures that would load. I'll try to get some more recent ones later.

No comments: