Sunday, October 2, 2016

Our New Scary House

In October of 2015 we finished the buying process of this house in the Cove. Libby immediately dubbed it our New Scary House. Just like our last house it was in bad shape but this one needed a lot more than cosmetic work. I decided to post just the before's first. You really need to see all of the before's together to get the full picture and feeling of the house. Also I had to pick Libby up from Kindergarten so I didn't start taking the before pictures until after some demo had been done. Ops! 
Front yard and exterior

Side and backyards
Entry

Living room and dining room
Kitchen

Eat-in kitchen space and hall way
 
Sun Room
Master bedroom and bathroom

Kids bedrooms and bathroom

Downstairs bathroom and laundry
 Downstairs bedroom
 Very large closet or very small side room in basement (I don't really know what this room was all about!)
 We only saw this house ONCE, for about 10 minutes, before we bought it. The former owner was still living in the house when we saw it and to say she had a lot of stuff would be an understatement. So we really had no idea what were getting ourselves into. We knew it would be a big job and was it ever! Our last house in Black Rock took five weeks, start to finish, working there full time. Obviously this was a much bigger project than our last and we weren't able to work there full time either. Dustin was building the Hampton Inn in Kanab, a master bedroom addition for a family in our ward, and quite a few other small jobs and I did a kitchen remodel for my cousins family, all while we tried to work on this house. We only had the weekends so it took forever and we had to bring in quite a bit of extra help. It ended up taking from October to May to complete the inside and from May to October to finish the outside. So one year total to complete, but boy was it worth it! I can't wait to share the Afters!

No comments: