Sometimes Grandmas can be really naughty! Jessie thought that this ring pop looked a lot like Mckay's binky so of course my mom decided to let him try it out.
Libby is really growing up. She has quite a few friends in our neighborhood that she plays with regularly. And most of the time they don't even leave crying!
I always say that the absolute best time to go to Lake Powell is late September. School has started,and the weather has cooled a little so the lake is empty! I have had a lot of great late September Lake Powell trips but this one wasn't one of them unfortunately. It was freezing! The wind blew all day and all night. We really couldn't even leave the house boat. We ventured out a few times and tried our best to have a great time but the elements just would not cooperate.
Libby being her usual perky self.
Trevin also being his usual perky self.
We forgot Mckay's hat. Luckily Trevin left his on the boat last year and we had a rubber band handy. We worked out this sweet ponytail hat.
Libby was one of the few people who even tried to get in the water.
Thanks baby Kai for loaning Mckay your baby life jacket.
One day Kai and Mckay are going to be best friends.
We basically forced Jesse to ride the tube, we really had nothing else to do. He was such a good sport and hopped out there. Unfortunately, for some reason, the insert of the tube was in upside down and the rough water beating on it during his ride ended up being the end of the tube. It ripped all the seams around the spot where you fill it up with air. At the end of Jesse's ride the tube sank.
The highlight of this trip was when we found this sweet water slide that some other boaters had built. They were really nice and loaned us their tubes to use on their slide.
This is what happens to my house when we are gone for two weeks (Disneyland and Lake Powell) out of one a month. Complete chaos! I really thought the laundry would never end. But it did and now all I am left with is missing the lake, since I felt like I didn't get my usual sun-worshiping, water skiing, rock climbing, sand castle building, and endless swimming/floating time that I need to making it through the winter. I hope I survive!
No comments:
Post a Comment