I finally did it. I graduated from college! I had super mixed feelings about walking in the graduation ceremonies. I remember thinking after high school graduation that it was a big production and very silly, so I vowed to myself that would never participate in a graduation ceremony ever again. I also felt very silly being part of such a big production after I only took one or two classes every semester and I didn't even try very hard to do well in those classes. I just did what I had to do to get the grade and tried to just have fun with it. Plus it took me SEVEN years to graduate not including a whole years worth of credits I got in high school. But in the end my family wanted me to walk and I wanted a picture of me in cap and gown to hang next to my diploma on a wall in our basement next to Dustin's. So I ended up walking just for a picture. Yes I am shallow.
It ended up being really, really sunny that day so I was squinting in every picture. I should have just stuck with my gut and not walked. I felt totally silly the whole time and the pictures didn't even turn out. Next time I won't let my vanity make decisions for me.
The only thing that made all of the ceremonies bearable was that I got to sit next to my brother in-law Bryce and his wife Shelynne. They both graduated from the college of science too. Shelynne and I both got degrees in Nutrition and Bryce got his in Biology (and they are now at the University of Utah in Medical School!).
We had a big dinner at my parents house after the ceremonies and all the family came over.
Emma Jacob
Drew Laura
Trevin Libby
P.S. Last year when I was in the program by mistake I graduated with honors. This year I had the same GPA but I didn't have any honors. I guess I know which program I'll be keeping.
3 comments:
Go Hilary!!! It would take me 50 years to graduate!!!!
Congrats! The pictures look great- it was worth it!
You did such a great job being a mom and wife. Thanks for taking these cute pictures. I had no clue you had taken these pictures of the kids. So cute.
Post a Comment