On the way into town tonight I turned to Dustin and said,"It's too bad no one told us that Blackie (Dustin's family's dog) was going to be put down." Hearing the name Blackie, Trevin immediately interrupted the conversation (which is no surprise, he always has tons of questions when we get in the car) by saying, "Wait, what happened to Blackie?" and the rest of the conversation went like this.
Dustin: "Blackie went to Heaven. He got really old and he died and went to Heaven."
Trevin: " Oh "
Me: "Blackie gets to live in Heaven now and not be old."
Trevin: "Oh. Did Heaven come down and get Blackie or did a bird just come down and carry him up?"
Me: I explained that when you die your body stays on earth and your spirit just goes to heaven. So Blackie's body is probably still here and they probably buried it.
Trevin: "Well if that's what they did I want to know where. It's a mystery! It's a mystery Libby, Dun Dun Dun!
When we got into town we stopped at Dustin's parent's house to try and find Dustin's little brother's address (he is on a mission in California and we wanted to send him a birthday present). The first thing Libby did when we got in the house was run to the back door to look at Blackie. The first time she saw Blackie she was really scared but when she realized that he was a dog (it was kind of hard to tell becuase he was so hairy. He could have been mistaken for a small bear) she was totally in love. She will really miss that dog and so will the rest of us.
R.I.P. Blackie
1 comment:
I actually remember that dog as a puppy. They got it the same time one of my friends got hers. It was fun to see what you and your family have been up to.
Post a Comment