Before we built our house we lived in my Grandma June's house. When we moved out my brother moved in. We didn't really have a lot hung on the walls when we lived there but we did hang our wedding pictures and sign we got for our wedding on the first wall you see when you walk in. My little brother had nothing to hang on the nails we left in the walls. So for Christmas Jessie and I framed up a few pictures of Heath and his dogs from our family photo shoot. That took care of most of the nails but the ones that held up our sign still stuck out like a sore thumb. I intended on making him his own sign for Christmas but didn't finish it until now. Here is Trevin modeling the finished product.
Trev thought it was a weight and asked if I would take a picture of him using his muscles.
My best friend growing up just got married a few weeks ago. She and her fiance registered for this cute pillow from Target.
(picture stolen from Jones Design Company because I couldn't save the picture off the Target web site for some reason.)
Unfortunately we don't have a Target here in Cedar and I didn't have time before her bridal shower to run down to St. George to buy it, so I just decided to make my own version.
And it has taken me two weeks to write this far in this post so I am just going to speed blog the rest of it! If you want to know anything else about this stuff (which I doubt!) leave me a comment and I'll comment back.
Flower making tutorial at Jones Design Company.
And the finished product. Not the same as the Target pillow but similar. I think it turned out cute. Next time I should sew the flowers closer together but other than that I like it.
I also made some flower bows for a super cute girl I go visiting teaching to who just had a little girl. Then I found these shoes at Wal-Mart for super cheap and said to my self "These are really ugly right now but they have tons of potential!" So I bought the smallest pair and embellished them. I added a flower to both shoes, I just took the picture before I added the flower to the second shoe so you could see what a difference the embellishments made.
The shoes and the finished gift.
I ended up loving the little shoes so much that I bought a pair for Libby and did the same thing to them, and she has already lost one! What am I going to do with this girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment