Is anyone else forced to watch "Bubble Guppies" on Nickelodeon every morning? The title to this post is line from a song on that show. Every time I hear it it gets stuck in my head for weeks.
For Easter this year we packed up the trailers and four-wheelers and headed South. After a lot of driving down very steep and narrow roads that felt like they would never end (something I am pretty sure my Dad loves to do) we ended up at a place called Little Babylon next the Virgin River. Although I was terrified the whole drive in and I was sure we were never going to be able to get out with the trailers in-tow, the Easter Bunny did not share my fears. He made it in and out no problem Saturday morning.
I guess the horrible drive was worth it because it was so pretty and warm down there. We spent a lot of time playing in the mud and sand on the shore of the river. The sand was so nice we felt like we were at the beach! I normally think of the Virgin River as this little wimpy trickle but with all the spring run off it was ragging! So we just stayed away from it and played in a little slow moving off shoot.
This is the slow moving off shoot, the actual river is like four times the size and depth.
Everyone had lots of fun on the four-wheelers except me and Libby. We just hung out together in the trailers and ate everyone's Easter candy, poor us. On one ride Trevin and Dustin saw a Desert Tortoise, and then my parents saw another one just a few minutes later on a hike. How cool is that!?
Trevin had been waiting for months for this camping trip! He loved every minute of it. He made sure we had all the supplies we needed including: flash lights with extra batteries, appropriate clothing, s'more stuff, and fire wood. He even provided the ghost story told around the camp fire.
This kid loves everything about camping, even the clean up! As we pulled out he asked if we could come back here next Christmas. He had so much fun he thought it was Christmas. Boy he is easy to please!
P.S. We made it out fine and I realized it really wasn't that bad of a road I was just over reacting again!
2 comments:
I'm jealous! We've been there several times, and I always keep an eye out for tortoises, but I haven't seen one!
I'm glad y'all had a good Easter. :)
Holy crap I was ugly. Please tell me I dont look like that anymore...
Post a Comment