Sunday, January 24, 2010

In Comparison

In comparison I would say that if I am ever pregnant again (which I am trying to talk Dustin out of, a boy and a girl is just right for me) I would want to relive this pregnancy and not Trevin's. With Trevin I was so nauseous for so long. Just looking at our fridge made me have to hold back the gagging. All I could even think about eating was greasy Mexican food or sugary things. We lived up stairs in a tiny apartment with only a little window air conditioner that got one room down to about 80 degrees. I was huge and so uncomfortable. At seven months I was already getting up at least five times a night to use the bathroom, but I really didn't care because I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep anyway. A lady that I worked for even asked me if I was sure I wasn't having twins because she couldn't believe how big I was. In the end I had gained at least 50 pounds! I didn't really have much to do, I just worked two jobs where I sat almost all day and didn't have much to do at home, but I was miserable.
This time has been totally different. In the beginning I was tired and a little nauseous but if I ate anything and rested I was fine. Trevin was usually really good and would play while I slept in the rocking chair. I did get a lot of headaches but a little Tylenol did the trick. I was so much busier this time. I was only taking 9 credits but they were the final 9 credits for my major so they were pretty intense. We were also building our house and I had Trevin to take care of. I was crazy busy so I didn't really have a lot of time to think about the physical stuff. But that also meant that I didn't have a lot of time to just relax and clam down. Because of this I had some serious mood swings. I think that I scared Dustin and my mom to death. I was unbelievably mad and mean for days and then I would just start crying hysterically for no reason and couldn't stop. Physically I felt awesome though. I did have one little incident when I woke up on a Friday morning and swore I was having extremely painful contractions in my ribs. We rushed to the doctor who thought that it was most likely my gall bladder and had me have an ultrasound that came back clear and then it never happened again. I have only gained about thirty pounds this time and I gained it all in the first few months. I haven't really gained any weight for the past two months so the doctor keeps having me get ultrasounds to make sure that she is still growing. After the last ultrasound he said that I had low levels of amniotic fluid but I was fine by the next appointment. Now I have to have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am an ultrasound pro. Dustin has a friend with a relative who was induced at thirty-seven weeks because the baby just wasn't growing anymore. So maybe that will be the case or else just three more weeks to go! I'll try to post a few pictures from the all the extra ultrasounds soon!

3 comments:

April Miner said...

thanks! I am selling them at salon vision and am in the process of setting up an etsy account aprilshairflowers. I haven't read that other book you mentioned, is that by her also? I'll have to check it out!

April Miner said...

isn't it nice to have distractions when you are prego? It does help the time pass faster! And it helped to have something to distract me. I bet you're so glad to have it almost over! Good luck with your delivery, you'll do great. :)

The Allen Family said...

Hillary, are you still pregs? Thinkin about you. :)