Well I took the pain medicine and slept almost all day. My gallbladder attacks make me really nauseated so I didn't eat anything all day.Usually when my gallbladder freaks out it is better by the evening. So after Dustin got home from work he went and got Trevin a pizza and me a shaved ice. I still didn't' feel any better but I was sure I would any minute. Trevin fell asleep on the way home so I had some of his pizza and shaved ice. Bad choice. I threw that up almost immediately. I have to say if you know you are going to throw something up but you still want to eat it I suggest shaved ice. It didn't taste bad at all coming back up :).
Anyway, I was surprised that I didn't feel any better so we decided to go to Instacare. We called our parents to meet us there. My mom got there first and the Instacare people said they don't do anything with gallbladders and to just go to the ER. So we left the kids with Dustin's parents and my mom followed us to the hospital. Poor kids, Trevin was all disoriented and Libby had no idea what was going on. She was only wearing a onsie and didn't even have a blanket! My mom said she had a horrified look on her face. Libby ended up crying for 12 hours straight! Poor Curtis and Emily, thank you so much! Then she finally relented and took some formula and was a nice girl after that. Trevin enjoyed being connected to Kenny's hip the whole time.
.
At the hospital I told the on call Doctor, Dr. Cox, that I thought it was my gallbladder so they ran some blood and urine tests to start. He thought it was either gallbladder, appendicitis or ovarian cysts. They wanted to do some ultrasounds so I had to drink this HUGE bottle of water. Well I almost got it all down and then threw it up all over Dustin! It wouldn't have been that bad except I told the nurse that I wanted the water cherry-limeade flavor and that red stuff stains! Anyway, both of the the ultra sounds were clear so Dr. Cox ordered a cat scan which I fell sleep, ripped out my IV and threw up durring. The cat scan showed that my Appendix was huge. Dr. Cox said that I would be first on the surgery list in the morning (around 5:30 a.m.) to make sure that they got it out before it ruptured.
Okay this is getting too long. So they admitted me at like one in the morning. Dustin went to his parent's house to sleep for a little bit and my mom stayed with me and slept in a chair! Thanks Mom! At 5:30 my Dad and Dustin gave me a blessing and at seven in the morning I still hadn't had my surgery. I started yelling at the nurse (she was not nice!) because I thought that my appendix was going to burst and I hadn't any pain meds that morning. We had this huge argument with the nurse and finally found out that I couldn't have the surgery until one in the afternoon! I was pretty mad.
So I had the surgery at one and felt really good afterwards! I have three little scars on my stomach now. I went home that night and Trevin came home too but Libby slept over for one more night. Our ward is so awesome they brought us dinner for the next three nights and they were all so yummy. I could only eat liquids for a few days but we had lots of leftovers that I got to have later. And Jessie was so nice to come over and babysit every day for the rest of the week! The discharge nurse told me I had to walk a mile every day. People were surprised when they saw me walking all over but I felt really good. I felt so good that I even went to the Eagar Family reunion in Leeds that weekend and to the Carter Family reunion the next weekend.
1 comment:
Wowzers!!! Isnt it nice to have family around that you can count on to take good care of your kids. I love that.
Im glad you are feeling better!!! What a week!
Post a Comment