Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Roller Coaster

Building a house is a huge emotional roller coaster. Seriously this week I have been really excited, really disappointed, really happy, really anxious, pleasantly surprised, and really really mad! All in just one week! We locked in our rate so we have to move in by Dec. 20th. We should be able to finish by then pretty easily. The outside is almost done. We just need to pour the steps and the driveway which we plan on starting this weekend. This is what it looks like outside now. (Yes, we really need to clean up all of the garbage out front. But the pallets came in really handy when it was all muddy from the snow.) .
.
This is what the kitchen looked like yesterday. Dustin and his dad put in all of the wood floor by themselves and it looks really good. Today the cabinet guys started to install the cabinets and I love them! It is hard to get current pictures on here. By the time I take the pictures and post them things already look a lot different. I'm sure that none of you really care what it looks like all the time but I want to remember all of the stages. ,
. I actually did it. After all of my planning I actually followed through and painted the kids rooms how I had planned. Trevin's and Libby's rooms are all done now (Trevin's room doesn't look like this picture anymore. All of the lines are straight and the tape is peeled off.) I learned a really good lesson while painting. My neighbor, April Miner is always right. She told me to seal the tape to the wall before painting but I thought I could just stick it down really good. I had to start the taping over again and seal it. She told me to put some red primer on first before I painted the red stripe but I figured I could just paint a couple of coats and it would be just as good. Five coats later I can still see the pencil marks under the paint. I promise I will take your advice from now on April! .
. We still need to touch up a lot but I just love how the rooms look so much that I just like to walk around and look at the walls. The colors all go together so well. I am really pleased with it because I only spent like ten minutes picking out the paint and I didn't match any samples together I just guessed .
.
.
I just added this last picture so I can remember how much fun Trevin and I have just being silly. The other day Trevin got the camera out and started playing with it. Some how he turned the timer on and then asked me to take pictures of us. When I pushed the button to take the picture it just clicked a bunch of times, howled (like a coyote) and then took the picture. The howling was so unexpected that Trevin and I just cracked up and the camera caught moment. Look at how hard Trevin is laughing! We are pretty silly!
.
.
Trevin is so cute. He loves to talk about anything. He thinks that every thing he has to say is so important that if we don't listen he yells Hey, stop talking it is my turn now. He likes to lift up my shirt and say Hi, Baby I love you! What you do'in in there? Some times when he sees babies on TV he says Mom, lets get that baby not Libby. Yesterday on our way to Saint George he just randomly said If we hit a deer with our car we will have to drive Big Brown (that is Dustin's truck. We call it Big Brown because it is big and brown). Then on the way home we almost hit a deer on Main Street! It was crazy.
.
Okay I'm rambling . The End.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Your house looks so good. I love how you painted Libby's room. Love Love Love it!! I'm so excited for you guys! How fun to be in your new home for Christmas!!

Stathis Five said...

Looks super good. Can't wait to see it.

April Miner said...

The kids rooms turned out great! I would say "I told ya so" but I'm too nice for that ;) Just kidding. I love the green and white too, and the tree?? Adorable! You're so creative! Your house is beautiful!