Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Almost There!

I just realized that I haven't posted any pictures of our house lately. It is getting really close. Here are some older pictures just after they put the windows in. .
.
This is when the roof was in progress. They finished it yesterday, just in time for the rain.
.
.
This is the big window in the family room. It was put in last because it is so big it took a couple of guys to lift it and then it got cracked while they were unloading it, but they are supposed to come and fix it soon.
.
.
Here is a more recent picture of the outside. This is just the brown coat (or gray coat, I can't remember what they call it) of stucco. The soffit and fascia (I have no idea how to spell that. It's the trimmy stuff that covers the wood right under the roof) will be put on this week and then they will come back and do the final coat of stucco that is the color we want and the outside will be done, except for the driveway.
.
.
I tried to take this picture so you could see the windows, the stone and the lights. They put all of the stone on in one day. They are so fast and it looks so good. As we were leaving our house one night after working all day we saw on one of our neighbors house some recessed lighting over their windows outside and we loved it so the next day Dustin and the electrician threw some on to our house. Our house should look really cool at night.
.
.
We have been spending so much time out there, especially Dustin. Trevin loves it and is so good out there. He likes to follow Dustin around and "help" him with the tools, pick up nails, help me gather up scraps, and play in the dirt a lot. I don't really have any building skills so I pretty much just sweep up all day. But the sheet rockers should done today, then they can tape and texture and hopefully we will be able to start painting this weekend, so I can finally be helpful! Then after painting (and finish trim that Dustin will do while I paint) we just have to install the flooring and the cabinets and a few little odds and ends and then we will be done! We should be able to meet our deadline and move in at the end of November, Yea!

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is crazy fast! My dad's a contractor, but he only has a couple guys that work for him, so it usually takes longer.

Congrats and good luck!

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

Hey! The house is lookin good! I have been way too busy to post yet but we are also having a GIRL! How crazy is that?! We are like little copycats of each other! We are also closing on our house in November, but we didn't build it.
Anyway, good luck finishing up your house and with the little baby!