Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Talking Two-Year-Old

Trevin is so talkative. He is saying new words all the time. Today he said the prayer at lunch all by himself. We really couldn't understand a word he said except at the end he threw up his arms and said "Men!" (Amen) so we knew he was done. He also loves to say family prayer at night. He just repeats one word from every sentence that I say. It's so cute. He has really mastered the one word communication system. He just says one word, that is usually accompanied by one action, and we know exactly what he means. For example the picture to the left is him saying "Un-a-sime" meaning one more time while he shakes his finger. He also says "I eat" meaning I want to eat while he sticks a finger down his throat. And my favorite is "I go." Meaning I am bored so you better find something entertaining for me to do pretty quick or I am going to explode and you are going to have to take me out. He loves to use this one at church a lot. His favorite thing to say is "Guy." Guy has many meanings. If he says it soft with a worried look on his face it means I am scared of something (like a mean guy). If he says it in the front room and points to the book shelf it means I want to watch the Incredibles (the guy), and if he says it while we are in town somewhere it means "Wow mom look at that cool guy." Yesterday when it started to snow we were in the car and Trevin yelled, "Mamma, Dadda, snow, HO HO HO!" He will say just about anything that he remembers.
Unfortunately having an aunt that is just two years older than you can be a little confusing for Trevin and for Laura. Laura always calls me Horary (Hillary) and so Trevin picked that up and started calling me Horey. But Dustin told him to call me Mamma so this week Trevin has been calling me Horey Mamma. I hope no one hears him and gets any crazy ideas. Horey Mamma just doesn't sound very good. To add to that Laura and I had this conversation the other day.
Laura: Horary? Do you know my friend Grace?
Me: Yep
Laura: You do? How?
Me: Well Grace is in your ward and I used to go to your ward too.
Laura: You did? Did you just go to our ward or did you live at our house too?
Me: I used to live at your house before I was married to Dustin.
Laura: Oh, who were you married to?
I told her I wasn't married to anyone and she couldn't believe it. She doesn't remember me not being married. Laura says some really funny things. Right after Trevin was born my mom came up to help out and since Laura was just two my mom brought her along. Once she walked in on me nursing and we had this conversation.
Laura: Treden (Trevin) sucking on Horary (Hillary)?
Me: Yep, that is how he gets his milk.
Laura: Treden get milk out a Horary?
Me: Yep, that is his food.
Laura: Treden get a samich (sandwhich) out a Horary?
It is too cute. I can't wait until Trevin starts saying more funny things. Aside from the temper tantrums and the potty training two-year-olds are so fun!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a cutie!!! Chase is really starting to talk too. (doing the same things almost. Like the one word prayers) Ty on the other hand WONT STOP TALKING!!! ITs fun having two so close.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I love to hear kids start talking.

Emma said...

Trevin is so cute. You are so pretty.