I just put Trevin down for the night in his new toddler bed. I think that he really likes it (cross your fingers). Trevin has been such a good little boy except when it comes to sleeping. He is the most stubborn baby in the world. From the day he was born he insisted on being held while he slept. If I ever wanted him to stay awake all I had to do was just put him in his own bed and he would be wide awake and screaming his head off. I didn't take to kindly to having someone attached to me 24 - 7 (come on can't I have a break even in my sleep?) so I started dreading the night. I had two choices listen to him scream all night in the crib (seriously he can scream for hours I'm not kidding) or let him sleep/roll all over next to me keeping me awake all night. I think that he might have spent a total of 20 hours in his crib and at least 12 of them were spent screaming. We tried everything including drugging him to sleep (don't worry it was the doctors idea) and then we had the amazing idea to get him a big boy bed and it worked. He still wakes up occasionally and comes in our bed but at least we get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep! YEA!! Now on to breaking the Binky habit.
This is how close Trev likes to sleep. It's cute in a picture but it is NOT cute to experience it every night for almost two years especially when you add the constant rolling factor.
1 comment:
Good luck! That's great that he'll actually stay in it :) My only hope for getting Marley to go to sleep are the bars on her crib--and I definitely cannot sleep if she's in bed with us.
Post a Comment